Create more value, faster
Strengthen your energy and sustainability offering with modern environmental data collection. Our platform makes the perfect foundation for property managers who aim to scale their offerings across customers and markets.
How can we elevate your offerings?
Automate data collection
Use our platform to collect energy data for your customers, and offer energy and sustainability services that truly scale.
Collect anything, anywhere
Deliver value to customers from day one, regardless of market or what brands of technical systems they use.
Use the same tools for all customers
Onboard your customers and access their historical data in minutes. Maximize productivity by sticking to the tools you are already familiar with.
When we had reduced our energy use by 50%, we could calculate that it also meant a cost saving of SEK 200 million a year.
Anna Denell, Sustainability Director at Vasakronan
Automated data collection
The end to customer-specific solutions
Spend your time on what matters
Say farewell to reading meters manually, and embrace automated energy data collection. Our platform lets you collect utility data for new customers in any market quickly, using digital power of attorneys, customer credentials, or utility bills. Less frustration, more action!
Energy data from any source
Forget about market specifics
Let go of manufacturer differences, and collect data from any smart meters, solar panels, charging stations, and HVAC units seamlessly. We make it a breeze to connect different hardware in different buildings built in different periods in time.
Integrations and api:s
Unlimited use cases
Future-proof your toolbox with ready-made integrations and an open API
Connect all the tools you need for energy analysis, sustainability reporting, building certifications, tenant invoicing, and budget follow-up. We also make it easy to include live environmental data in BI-systems.
From meter to magic in three simple steps
Let us know what you need
We will guide you through getting started. A single invoice per utility provider is generally enough to get started.
Sort and arrange
Sort and structure your discovered meters in any way you like. Add tags, responsibility areas, and other useful bits of information.
Open a supported service where you need environmental data. Click the Connect to Metry button, and your data is instantly available.
See Metry in action
Schedule a session where we’ll talk more about how you can improve your offerings with automated data collection
it’s all in the details
Frequently asked questions
Convince your manager to invest in a data‑collection platform. Ensure IT have their security checklist covered. Let your operations team know that they can keep on using the same systems.
This is where we provide detailed answers to common questions. Got something even more specific? Schedule a session with us, and we’ll provide you with answers tailored for your business.
What types of environmental data can you collect?
The short answer: we collect environment data for energy and water consumption, and waste and recycling pick-up.
The longer answer goes like:
- Electricity consumption
- District heating and cooling consumption
- Gas consumption
- Heat pump energy production
- Solar panel (net/gross) production
- Water (hot/cold)
- Waste and recycling*
- Climate sensors (temperature/humidity)
- Air quality sensors (CO2/TVOC)
* Selected markets only. Regulations on what needs to be measured vary.
From what sources can you collect data?
In general, any internet-connected source where there is data.
Utility main meters
- Utility bills
- Customer pages
- File transfers (CSV, Excel, XML, and market-specific energy data formats)
- National energy data hubs
- Smart meters/metering gateways
- SCADA/BAC-systems (local installations and cloud-based)
- Cloud-based energy management systems
- Solar panel inverters and cloud platforms
- Charging station suppliers
Meters which yet haven’t been connected can be read manually using our app Metry Readings.
What level of detail do you support?
Generally speaking, any limitations to what is possible is not within our platform, but due to market regulations on what is published, or what supported by the systems that integrate to us.
That being said, at the moment we do not calculate consumption values on a higher granularity than per hour.
We offer several methods of collecting data that are suitable for different use cases. We’d love to discuss a solution that suits your needs in a demo session!
How quickly is our data collected?
The delay between the end of a measured period (e.g. a month/day/hour) and when the data is available in Metry mainly depends on when the data is published in the data source (e.g. when your utility bill is generated, how often data hubs push their values, et cetera). We process incoming data continuously.
These are average times for data being available in Metry.
- Monthly data: within one day after being available in the data source
- Daily data: the following day
- Hourly data from utilities: all values for a day are available the following day
- Hourly values from other sources: within one hour from being recorded, typically much faster
Which utility providers can you collect from?
If your provider provides you electricity, heating, cooling, gas, water, or waste/recycling services – and charges you for this – then we can collect data from them.
We have developed different tools for automating collection and extraction of environmental data for more than 10 years. This makes us confident enough to say that no source of data is too complex for us.
What do I need to provide to automate data collection for my customers?
In general, this kind of information/actions are required from your end:
- Automated utility bill collection: A connection to your ERP system
- Automated monthly utility data: Customer credentials (such as customer number and PIN code) or customer account logins for all your providers
- Automated granular utility data: Signed power of attorney from a signatory allowed to make energy-related decisions.
- Automated electricity data from hubs: In general, each metering point need to be approved for sync with Metry by logging into the hub as the utility customer.
- Technical systems in buildings: Login credentials, or configuration of data exports
We will discuss a solution that matches your data needs and available information before we get started.
What kinds of systems in buildings can I connect to Metry?
If your system measures energy, water consumption, temperatures, or air quality, and it has an interface for accessing it remotely, we can automate data collection from it.
In general there are two types of hardware that we connect:
- Data loggers and metering gateways: These devices are made specifically from exporting data and are commonly used for collecting granular electricity use and billing of tenants. As they export data, setup is typically easy and requires no network security changes.
- Building automation and control systems: These devices control production of heating, cooling, and ventilation. Many such devices can also connect arbitrary meters and sensors. Some of these devices may require your network administrator to configure the security policies to allow our collection robots to connect to them.
We’re happy to talk more about your specific need and answer questions in a session with one of our data collection experts.
What countries do you collect utility data in?
We collect data all over Europe. Our strongest coverage is within the Nordics and the UK.
You can find the extensive list of utilities we already have connected here. More are added upon request every week.
What types of systems can we use our data in?
With your data collected in Metry, you can connect it to a plethora of energy and sustainability management systems, as well as systems for invoicing tenants. Note that these systems often require their own subscriptions, and are not included in your Metry subscription.
Metry is made to integrate with others. If you use a system that currently does not connect with us we’ll make arrangements to sort it out in the best way possible.